What is a video consultation?
The Care You Need from The Comfort of Your Home
I set up Brussels Virtual Clinic to help you consult with me from the comfort of your own home or workplace. There are many problems that do not necessitate a direct physical examination which I can help you with through a video consultation.
A video consultation is 20 or 30 minutes depending on the consultation type needed.
You would need to be in a private quiet place , and have a good internet connection and enough battery for the video consultation. For confidentiality and safety reasons, I'm unable to carry out consultations in a public place or whilst you are driving.
Before booking, please be make sure you read the following :
I am generally able to make a diagnosis, email you prescriptions, referrals, or sick notes.
1. Kindly make sure you book the 30 minute appointment if this is the the first time you are consulting or would like to discuss more than one problem.
2. Please remember to fill in all details on Progenda ( booking form) when you book including your address and reason for consultation in the note section.
3. Once you book you will receive a link via text message that you would need to click on and allow camera and mic access.
4. At the beginning of your first consultation I would need to see your Belgian ID if you have one or your national photographic ID if you do not have a Belgian ID, this to ensure I can open a file for you.
5. Although I can advise you on most problems via a video consultations there will be times when you may still need a physical examination and I will advise you to see a doctor for a face to face appointment.
6. Children under two are more likely to need a physical examination and hence may still need to see a doctor face to face.
7. I only see children under 16 with a parent or legal guardian (and would require proof of guardianship in the latter case).
8. I can prescribe most medications , however, there are exceptions like controlled medications that have addictive tendencies, or medications where you would need a blood pressure check unless you have access to a BP machine, or a contraceptive pill if you have not had review for a year, or some psychiatric medications and other similar situations.
9. A good consultation outcome would require a good resolution camera a good connection, and sometimes photos to be emailed, please ensure you have a good connection and a functioning camera on your device.
Finally, please be aware that video consultations have limitations and are not an alternative to having a regular doctor.
The booking-online feature coming back soon for now please email me directly on to request an appointment. I aim to get back to you on the same day.